As we head towards the holidays thanks everyone for being kind, driving safely and looking out for each other’s safety and property.
Car theft is a common problem. Here are some useful tips to make your vehicle less attractive to thieves:
- ALWAYS lock it – even if you are just stepping away from your vehicle for a short time.
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle off the street.
- Park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Install an immobiliser and alarm system.
- Install a GPS tracking system or air tag.
- Use a steering wheel lock.
- Never leave spare keys inside your vehicle.
- Never leave any valuables inside your vehicle.
If you notice anyone acting suspiciously around parked vehicles, call 111.
If you notice a vehicle that appears to be abandoned, please advise Police by calling 105.
If your vehicle is stolen, call 105 or report it online at https://www.police.govt.nz/use-105.
Call 111 if you see your vehicle being stolen and it’s happening now.
You will need to provide the registration number, make, model, colour, and owner details as well as the location of where the vehicle was stolen from.
Here are the numbers to call if anything suspicious is seen – call 111 if crime is happening now. Call 105 if it has already happened or call me on 0211914227.
Nga mihi, Brent
(this information was put together by Suzanne with my permission, thanks Suzanne! The police dog image is thanks to NZ Police )