Police Constable Brent Stewart writes:
I’m pleased to say that the volume of crime has decreased in Greenhithe over the last couple of months. There are a few easy steps we can put in place to prevent us from becoming a victim of crime –
- Get to know your neighbours – even if its just to ask to keep an eye on your property if you are away for any length of time.
- Install sensor lights facing the road.
- Install CCTV cameras, especially facing the front of your property. There are good quality cameras available at reasonable prices. Don’t be scared to advertise the fact camera’s have been installed.
- Keep your shrubs and bushes cut back from windows and sliding doors. This will stop people from hiding behind them.
- Don’t leave scooters, bicycles etc on your front porch or have them visible from the road.
- Lock your doors and windows when leaving your house.
- Lock up all garden sheds.
- Keep your car parked in a lighted area and don’t leave valuables in it or in sight. Anti tamper screws are available to stop your registration plates from being stolen.
- Call 111 in an emergency, don’t delay and call 105 if the incident is historic.