Here we are back in Level 3 lockdown. In these interesting and difficult days I hope you are all getting good sleep, exercising and eating healthily. We are not islands. We all need to share and receive support from our friends, family and neighbours. Thank you for checking on your neighbors. Everything will be alright in the end.
Here are some key messages for Aucklanders:
- Stay home- all volunteer activity on Auckland Council land should pause for at least the next 3 days until further direction from the Government.
- Please keep track of where you’ve been by using the Government’s NZ COVID Tracer app or keeping a written record. And have blue tooth on.
- Travel in and out of Auckland is restricted to essential travel only, with roadblocks in place.
- Work from home unless you are an essential worker.
- All schools and childcare facilities are closed except for children of essential service workers.
- All non essential public facilities and businesses are closed. All bars and restaurants are closed.
- Supermarkets, pharmacies, and petrol stations remain open – shop as normal. Food delivery is available.
- Follow Ministry of Health advice to stop the spread of the virus in our communities:
- In public keep a 2 metre physical distance and wear a mask when you can’t distance.
- Stay home if you’re sick, wash your hands, cough or sneeze into your elbow and clean surfaces.
- If you have cold or flu like symptoms call your GP or Healthline to book a free COVID-19 test.
- Gatherings of up to 10 people are allowed but only for wedding services, funerals and tangihanga. Physical distancing and public health measures must be maintained.
These measures are temporary to stop the spread of COVID-19 and will apply until at least midnight Wednesday 17 February.
Helping Empower Local People (HELP) is a free online matching system created by Greenhithe for Greenhithe. It matches people needing help to local volunteers offering help. Click on Resources on the top right of this screen then HELP to sign up to receive help or offer help. If you are short of the basics, contact me for a food voucher.
Now that we are back on Level 3 Alert we all need to stay mostly home. Please only leave your property to exercise locally, shop for essential items, or attend essential jobs. Avoid physical contact with those outside your isolation bubble. Catch coughs and sneezes. Wash you hands. Wear masks. Dont touch your face. Stay up to date with our national situation https://www.health.govt.nz/our-work/diseases-and-conditions/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
Until further notice the local dairy is open its usual hours 7am to 7pm daily.
The local pharmacy is open normal hours Monday to Friday 8:30am to 6pm and Saturday 9am to 2 pm.
The local medical centre is open 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and please phone ahead.
Thank you for supporting local business. Here is the directory. http://digimag.bayleys.co.nz/greenhithe-directory
A message from Greenhithe School Principal – please be vigilant if you are walking past the school. No one should be there after hours. Please call 111 if you see property damage happening or 105 to report loitering.
If you are feeling anxious or sad here are some ways to protect your mental health-
– avoid a lot of media. Just tune in once daily to remain prepared.
– avoid burnout: acknowledge uncertainty, pause rather than overreact, let go of the panic feeling and instead focus on the present moment.
– stay emotionally connected with people while retaining physical distance. We look forward to sharing creative ideas. Email me to receive the monthly Neighbourhood Support email, full of good ideas.
Let’s get creative! We will have more time on our hands to talk with our families and friends and neighbours. Plant a vegetable garden? Sort those old photos? Transplant native seedlings? Deal to pest plants and animals? Turn up the music? Keep posting those funny animal videos and photographs of those incredible birds in our backyards.
Check out this link Lindsey has created for ideas on good cloud software to work remotely https://www.outbox.co.nz/2020/03/20/15-ways-your-business-can-improve-productivity-while-working-from-home/
Spread Caretagion not Contagion!
Marie Bishop, Greenhithe Neighbourhood Support Facilitator